Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary

9 years ago today, I married my best friend.
(We started dating over 14 years ago!)
It's kinda crazy how it can feel like just yesterday and also like a lifetime ago.

Jeff worked today and I spent the day running the kids around.
But...
At the end of the day we were able to get away.
Thanks to Jeff's parents, who stayed with the kids,
we were able to take off to San Francisco for dinner together.


We were headed to Scoma's, a favorite from before we were married, but as we were headed down
The Embarcadero, we came across a restaurant we went to on my birthday...


...Jeff started talking about the steak he had eaten there the last time.
And, well, our mouths started watering, and Hillstone won.
I did make him promise to bring me back to Scoma's on a Date Night sometime soon.

The food did not disappoint.
And we saved room for dessert this time:)


Over dinner we talked a little about our wedding.
Funny how during the first several anniversaries we reminisced about the actual wedding date,
but now as more time has gone by, we spend more time on what we have accomplished together, as well as all that we have endured through the years.

I love anniversaries. Each year it's like getting a little reminder of how special it is to have found a partner in life. Someone to always wake up to in the morning.
Someone who always has my back.
Someone to laugh with.
And cry with.
Someone who knows me better than anyone else on this planet.
Someone who is always the last person I see before I go to bed at night. 


We agreed that we bring out the best in eachother, and yes, we also know how to bring out the worst.
Anyone who tells you that marriage isn't work...
well...he is a liar.
Or just isn't married.
It is.
It's A LOT of work.
But we've made it thus far.
We've changed a lot over the years.
And so has our love.
It keeps getting stronger as time goes on.

Happy Anniversary, Honey!


4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!!! I remember your wedding like it was yesterday (not so much the reception... I blame the open bar...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love that I got to comment below Kim... imagine me nodding, and smiling, at her typing that comment. :)

    Here's to 50 more years, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember EVERYTHING about your wedding. Most. Fun. Ever. I even remember the after wedding Nachos. Happy Anniversary!!! You two look like babies in that first pic! I can't wait to read about next years post!!! Almost 10 years! What an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding rocked. I liked the after party in your parents hotel room. Too bad you missed it :)

    ReplyDelete