Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Weekend: Part One

Clearly I have been busy lately, seeing as how it is now a week and a half past Easter and I am just now posting about it. I almost skipped it, but considering the holiday that it is...I just can't do that...so sorry for my tardiness!

Saturday morning began with an egg hunt in my In Laws' neighborhood park with the cousins.

Connor and Cale are now pros at this egg hunt thing!



As for Emma Kate...she just really likes carrying her basket around:)

And yes...that's a baby wipe in her left hand. Unused. Why these things are exciting is beyond me.



They separate the egg hunt by ages...the 1's and 2's went 1st.


She thought that she would just sit a while and enjoy her new treasures! All 3 of them.


Until the Easter Bunny snuck up behind her. She couldn't have cared less.


Then it was the boys' turn.


After the hunting was finished I attempted to get a brother/sister shot. (Dominic was at a track meet, so he missed all the excitement.)



There were many more, but I tend to get a little crazy with the pics...


It was an attempt at a group photo.


That evening I decided that we would make Resurrection Cookies after Emma Kate went to bed.

I really wanted to get all of my boys involved...

Dominic and Connor helped in crunching the nuts.


Jeff did some Bible reading. I like how the Bible almost looks like it's glowing in this one...


Dom also did some scripture reading.


I had this perfect activity all set up with the right timing of the readings, nice family time, with thought provoking dialogue...This can be so difficult when you get Dominic and my husband involved. It ended up consisting of lots of dirty looks and "come on guys...be serious" comments from me. They kept reading ahead and joking around! Aggghhhh!

Why can't I control these guys?!?! :)

But then I get a picture like this


and stories like this. And it all becomes worth the trouble.

Here is our oven (or the tomb) all closed and sealed for the night with the cookies left inside.


Until morning.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! You made the cookies!

    p.s. I can't believe how much Emma Kate and Connor are starting to look like eachother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I just heard about those cookies! I also heard about Resurrection Rolls...so many fun things to try next year!

    Looks like you all had fun! Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete