Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's festivities lasted 2 days this year.
Sunday morning I made heart shaped pancakes for the family...nothing too exciting, but a little festive. (I did it on Sunday because I knew that Monday morning we would barely make it out of the house with everyone ready and fed with a quick breakfast. Pancakes are NOT an option during the week. I would like to pretend I am the mom has has her stuff together in the mornings...not the case!)

A couple of weeks ago Jeff and I were talking with Scott and Shawna, when we realized that we had never been out to dinner together without any kids...this is a tragedy! We decided that this should not be the case any longer...we made reservations at a local steakhouse for dinner Sunday night. Bunga and Papa came to watch the kids and we got all dressed up for dinner.

Shawna was very excited to be able to have a couple of coctails. She looked amazing after just having a baby 6 weeks ago!

I began taking pictures of our yummy spread...

Calamari (which I did NOT take part in!) I know I know...

And then somehow I missed the salad and main courses.

But I did remember to get pictures of our desserts!

Jeff chose the cheesecake with bluberry sauce.

I elected for the Walnut Turtle Pie. Mmmm.


Shawna chose the Chocolate Molten Cake.



And I think Scott couldn't stand the idea of my getting a picture of his dessert without him :)

The classic Creme Brulee.

The food was amazing and so was the company. We had so much fun! 3 hours went by in a blink of an eye. We all agreed that this needs to be a monthly occurance...probably not this fancy every month...but something.

Valentine's morning started with begging from Connor to open his gift at 6:30am. Usually we do gifts at dinner time. Not worth the fight.

So of course Dominic and Emma Kate opened theirs as well when they got up.

Connor and Emma got Zhu Zhu pets...have you seen these? The kids have a lot of fun with them!

On the way to work God blessed me with this beautiful full rainbow.

I may or may not have had someone else take this picture since that would be really unsafe for me to be taking a picture as I'm driving down the freeway.


Jeff called me while I was at work to tell me that he tried really hard to surprise me with a massage at a local spa...but he had to have an appointment time and date...things like these are next to impossible to plan for me. So he was really bummed that he couldn't surprise me with it.
I, on the other hand, was elated!! He told me to go ahead and make the appointment for one evening next week and made me promise I would do it.

Oh, twist my arm!

I love my sweetie!

When I got home from work I threw dinner together really quick...nothing too special, but I was really excited about the heart shaped ravioli that I found at Costco. My Mother-In-Law, who had the kids that day, also sent home a heart shaped loaf of homemade bread! Yumm!

After dinner it was off to get the kids to bed and fall into bed ourselves.

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. You are spoiled rotten!! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You definitely deserve a little pampering! And love your disclaimer regarding simultaneous photography and driving!! :)

    ReplyDelete