Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's In A Name?

Ever since I was pregant with Connor and looking for baby names, I have loved the name "Emma." So, when we found out that this baby was a girl, it was a given. Jeff and I really didn't have anything to discuss, except the middle name. We finally decided on Katherine, after my maternal grandmother. Since "Emma" is a pretty common baby name right now, we decided that it would be really cute to call her "Emma Kate." I really don't want her called "Emma S" when she is in school and there happens to be another "Emma" in her class.
Problem solved!
Not too long ago, my brother showed up at our house with a gift behind his back. I squealed in excitement when he revealed the treasure...
Yes, that's right! I picked a good name! There's even a book out there with it as a title!
No, it's not one of those books that you order and they input the child's name throughout the story...truly...honest to goodness...a book with my daughter's name as the title!
OK, it doesn't take too much to thrill me these days...but I was VERY excited!
I have wanted a daughter for as far back as I can remember. And when I found out that I was having a girl with our third and final pregancy, dreams for our future together began to run through my head...
Pigtails!
Shoes!
Dresses!
Mani-pedi's!
Pink! Pink! and more Pink!
Now I have one more thing to look forward to...reading her this delightful story about an elephant and her imaginary friend, Emma Kate. I look forward to sharing this with her over and over again, and hopefully someday, she too, will read it to her own daughter.


I LOVE me some Emma Kate!

1 comment:

  1. I love her, too! So precious. And SO AWESOME that Scott was able to find that book!

    ReplyDelete